Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Told the news to my father

Well, I decided it was time to try to call my father to let him know about the baby. I wasn't sure what would happen, since when I call and leave a message--he doesn't usually call me back. But surprisingly, he did just a few minutes after I left him a message. So I told him that come September, he will be a grandfather. He was surprised and then wanted to know who was carrying the baby. He also was surprised to hear it was me. It was good to talk with him--I think that last time we talked was on Father's Day. I was glad to hear that he was excited about it and thought it was important enough to write down. It is also good to know he is trying new things to help with his memory. It will be interesting to see if he wants to come visit when the baby is born--I can't even guess what he will want to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a good experience telling your father. That must feel really nice. I am thrilled for you and Diana. I think about it every day. Diana's visit was really nice, and I hope she brought you all the love she was supposed to deliver for me. I am glad you are feeling and well and enjoying this process. Can't wait to see you and the little peanut, whenever that may be!