Monday, August 15, 2005

Spermies! How fun!

Hey, I know it has been forever since my last post. I certainly have been overwhelmed by groups both observing and being involved in them. Everyday all summer I have been in at least one group and sometimes at least two. I have felt mostly brain-dead by the afternoon and trying to do paperwork. So now that the groups are over it was nice to stroll around upstairs on my floors and visit with patients and staff too. Very cool. But the coolest thing is the title above. I completed the medical tests needed and we picked a great sperm donor. Diana and I actually had the little critters placed in me over the weekend and now we wait and see if they found the surprise egg hiding in the tube! We are not sharing it with lots of people yet--but yeah I figure if you are still checking to see if there is new news on this blog--you deserve to know! So we should know something by the end of August. We will either be getting geared up to do it again in Sept. or jumping for joy that I am pregnant. What an amazing process. Diana (and I) will make a great mom and I can't wait. I have mostly finished painting the baby room and she is willing to finish it if I do get pregnant right away. If we aren't and need to try again next month, then I will finish painting and be able to have diet soda and wine again for 2 weeks. (The wine and soda are not to be consumed together in the same glass, in case you were wondering. :) I will update y'all soon as we know.

No comments: