Sunday, June 03, 2007

Important news to share...

well, Lynn is days short of turning nine months old. She has lived as long in the world as she did in the womb now! I got a major haircut to show my support and grief at the struggle a few of our friends are having with various types of cancer. It has been hard to hear their stories and not be able to do very much to help. So I did the walk-a-thon for breast cancer and vow to walk every year and then I shaved my head to support my supervisor in CPE as she loses her hair from the chemo. In case folks are worried I did this on a whim, know I thought about it and talked it over with several people including my supervisor to make sure she won't be offended before I had Mandi take it off for me. I don't regret it so far and Lynn seems to love playing with my head as an added bonus! Tomorrow I will see what my students and colleagues think in morning meeting. My sup will be in around noon and then she will have a chance to react too! I do hope to write in this blog more often, so don't completely give up on me--I shall return!

No comments: