Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Great news and point of frustration too.

Well, as some of you already know. I was accepted into the S.I.T. (supervisory in training) program. Although I finally cleared this hurdle, what is brings me are just more of the same type of hurdles for the next 3-5 years. But the process has begun which is great! As the staff here figure and plan, I will know how my work load will change and the overall plan of things. But for now they are busy with other immediate things and won't start planning until next week sometime. My frustration comes from the director on my site that has yet to acknowledge my acceptance. I am trying hard to not take it personally and remember the reading I have been doing in the Four Agreements and that agreement #2 is don't take anything personally. Well said Don Miguel Ruiz!! Now I just need to practice it more. I will be in CT this coming weekend and am trying to line up visits with as many friends and family as possible. So I may be contacting you shortly to make plans--forgive the last minute, please. I gave my father time to respond to me before asking others about their availability. That is always a mistake, but I felt as though it was the right thing to do. He is busy and unable to see me and hopes the next time I pass through we can meet. I must tell you I have not seen or spoken with him directly on the phone since July 11, 2004--my wedding day. We have left messages but never reach each other. I am very disappointed and saddened by this. My boss can be fatherly in more than one way. And I don't appreciate being treated as though I didn't matter or that I am invisible either. Shame on you Geoff and Gene, my boss. I am better than that. :) I look forward to being back in CT and seeing people and having good pizza again!!

No comments: