Thursday, September 22, 2005

Another month goes by...

Well, I didn't get pregnant last month. It was harder than we expected to hear that news and we have been less excited about this month's try since we hated the big let down. This month brought interesting twists as I had a cyst in the beginning and we weren't sure if was the cyst still or a new follicle that showed up in the ultrasound when it was time to inseminate. We hoped for the best and inseminated that one day. We came back the next day and did another ultrasound to see if the "circle" was still there. If it was in the same place, then we won't inseminate and we would continue to believe it was the cyst--which would complicate my process a lot. We were lucky, it was gone and we are assumed it was a follicle and we tried insemination again on that day. So....now we wait. I can't tell much since the hormones they put me on to build up the lining in my uterus causes similar side effects as pregnancy brings on--if what I feel is from the pills or from a developing baby. I sure am crabby and have some mood swings this time. Less gas, which I am happy about. It is weird to get excited about feeling nauseous in the middle of a meeting or walking through the food area at work! Other not so disconnected news, Diana and I bought a new mattress for our bed. I felt like my back hurt every morning for a while now. So we took the plunge and bought a mattress. Boy are they expensive. I also figure we will need it with us both trying to get pregnant for the next couple of years. It is so comfortable--now I am going to really hate working overnight at the hospital and sleeping on the lumpy couch! Oh well...I will let you know next week whether the test shows we are pregnant or not. If "No", then we will try again with me and see what happens. Keep those prayers and well wishes coming.

No comments: