Sunday, January 23, 2005

Living in the south

Well, it has been a little over 6 months now since moving down south from the northeast. I have missed friends and all kinds of familiar places from work to pizza places, etc. (They can't make good pizza here nor good bagels. Bummer!) At times the weather has not been much different which I found very surprising and a little bit depressing. What is the point of not having any snow but still having temps in the 20's and even colder in December. Of course a few days ago it was in the 60's--I didn't complain that day. But, today even with the temps in the low 20's and very windy the south is spared the big snowstorm that hit the northeast. It sounds so pretty to me 18 inches--I love snow and will miss sledding and watching the dog try to walk around in it. Doc has never seen snow (best I can tell) I bet he would love romping around in it! Oh well. The good things about living down here is the days where it is 60's and to know spring is around the corner. I look forward to working on the yard and hope to plant flowers and fix the yard up a bit. Of course, I need to hurry before it gets too hot for me. :) The humidity can be real bad. I want to plant marigolds the most. That will be my memory garden for my mother and I can't wait to start planting. Soon! I have been looking for a bird bath here an there but never found anything. Maybe this spring I can find one at a decent price. Diana and I have also talked about creating a butterfly garden too--all of this together could make a wonderful spiritual place. Oh well, enough daydreaming for now. Ta ta.

No comments: