Friday, January 28, 2005

Living up to my sign on name...

I am a reverend seeking wisdom tonight. This has been my worst experience on-call. The parents who struggled to make the right decision about their unborn child discovered the worst nightmare possible. After the doctors removed the child that was not able to sustain life, the mother crashed. The doctors worked hours to keep her alive. Then they finally pronounced her. This warm and soft-spoken man lost both his unborn child and his wife tonight. The whole hospital wept for them. I actually had to leave the room where the family was sitting because I could not contain my tears any longer. I wept. There was no justice for this man. There was no way to console him. So I search for wisdom all night and for a long time....

No comments: