Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Continued good news...

Well, I took my second blood test yesterday to check on the HCG levels. I am well within the healthy range so the seedling is doing fine as best as we can tell so early. I am only 5 weeks preggie. Next week or so, we will get our first ultrasound to see how the little sweetpea is settling up shop which will be very exciting. I am so sleepy today as I was wake for quite a bit in the middle of the night last night. I can't wait to take a nap in the backroom after lunch. I am working on-call tonight so I need to try to get rest before everyone else leaves the hospital and I am the only one here to cover anything that comes up. I hope the night will be boring so I can rest and not be worried about running around the halls all night. I am still very excited and am still at times unbelieving that I am pregnant--what an amazing process this is to have a little person inside of me and yet it is only the size of a sesame seed! Later it will be a million times that and running round talking, walking, driving, working....I am getting ahead of myself now. :) Anyway...I should eat lunch now. Talk with you soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the new counter at the bottom of the page! How awesome! :-)

Anonymous said...

This second test means you are definitely on the road ! brilliant! how very clever you all are! it's such a special time...and a sort of "secret" ....only you know when people chat to you....it's a quiet pleasure...enjoy it! Each step gets more and more remarkable...when you get to see the little nest of cells on ultrasound soon, you take another incredible step! Take those prenatal vits and eat those leafy green veg and have much fun as possible!

The Prof said...

I am glad that you are such a patient person. Pregnancy seems like the longest wait in my life!!