Monday, January 23, 2006

Interesting news

The ultrasound was amazing this morning. The baby's heart beat could be seen and even counted! I am amazed that at this early stage to be able to see the baby's heart as a flicker on the screen. 136 beats which is great! Now the weird part and this is the part we are not telling everyone but I need to talk about it somewhere. We knew there was a possible second follicle when I ovulated, but weren't sure it was a healthily one. Well, in today's ultrasound we could see two sacs. One clearly had what is called a fetal pole and the strong heart beat. The other was harder to see as it is behind the other sac. So we couldn't see the flicker long enough to see if it really is there and beating properly. The waiting will be hard. I don't know if we can be excited about having twins or not, since we don't know it that second sac is viable and my next ultrasound will be two weeks from now. More waiting. I think this might be a pattern this waiting stuff. Oh, and the real kicker. That second sac has two yolks in it as well. The fetus lives off a yolk sac until the placenta is ready. So that twin b might be twins themselves which would make me having triplets not just twins. :) Oh, my gawd--can you say it with me--oh, my gawd! So Diana and I are trying to not get ahead of ourselves, because jumping from one baby to three is a huge leap. There is a high chance the twin b (which might be twins in of itself) will not be viable and will vanish before the next ultrasound. It we can be healthy, me and the babies we are game for anything (with God's help). Remember how I couldn't tell if the baby wanted to be called sweetpea or peanut? Well, maybe now we know. And when I posted this morning before the test, I thought about squirt as another possible name--so who knows-0-maybe we will have a sweetpea, peanut, and a squirt!! Oye!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I think you guys better start thinking of more names, just in case;-)

Jon M. said...

Congrats~! That's awesome.