Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Very interesting news....and more waiting

Well, Diana and I were told we had to wait until Monday before we could get a blood test to see if I was pregnant or not. Of course with the holiday, the lab was closed and Tuesday would be the first day to get blood work done. And we were told not to do a home test until Wednesday since I had the hormone shot. Well, my cramps were so strange as I mentioned in the previous blog, that we decided to do a home test and we understand there was a higher chance of getting a fake positive. We figured if the test was negative, then I really wasn't pregnant and could stop the hormone and my period could then start. (I hope you all can follow this logic of ours). Anyway, the test was "positive", we didn't chance anything and tried to remember that it could be a false positive as it was earlier than we were instructed to try. This morning it was also "positive", we decided to do some research on-line and to get the blood work done today afterall. The results won't be known until tomorrow. The internet talked about being able to test by day 14 after the shot, which was on Sunday. The clinic we work with seems to be conservative in their advice, so we are hopeful right now. Actually, I haven't been able to get much done at work since I went for the blood work and even Diana was been quite silly as well. We even looked up when the possible due date might be--how silly of us!! And the funny this is, my cramps are better today. I am still having weird pains and tightness in my stomach, but not as bad the cramping--so weird. Diana found someone in her office who had a similar experience thinking she wasn't pregnant since she was cramping like with PMS. So tomorrow, I have warned my supervisor--I may be flying on the ceiling or laying low on the floor depending on the test results. I can't help but get excited at the possible news.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing we don't have any important work to do (like submit grants and write papers for candidacy committees), or we'd be in big trouble!

RevSeekingWisdom said...

Perhaps this news puts it all in prespective. :) I trust this will all work out. I am more worried about the news being bad and then it will be hard to focus and we will be sad--that's worse.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW! And make sure that Diana gives you the hug that I sent... ;-)

Anonymous said...

this is exciting news indeed! we have our fingers crossed that this is a true positive. whatever the result we are optimistic that 2006 will your year for conception.... it's a marathon you are running, not a sprint....you'll get there one step at a time and as soon as you cross the finish line, all the aches and pains along the way will disappear- (or at least turn into new worries)...we hope to share in any ups and downs along the way