Wednesday, March 08, 2006

2nd prenatal appointment

Well, my iron level is good which is great. I took the glucose test today since I have the insulin resistance thing going to keep a check on my sugar levels. It wasn't as bad as I expected. The mid-wife seems better on the phone than in person. She really wasn't bad today--I just find these appointments to be somewhat frustration when I hope for them to be so meaningful. We were hoping to hear the heartbeat and we did for 5 seconds before the peanut moved. The little sweetpea won't sit still long enough for us to get another listen. That was disappointing to me. Then she pulled out the ultrasound but she really isn't good with it and then had an allergy attack--so we got a quick look and then it was over. Oh, well...I am struggling with my anxiety and wanting to believe the baby will be okay. I was hoping the doctor's visit would help reduce my anxiety. But it didn't really help much, expect she did seem to understand it and talked to us a bit about it. We go again in three weeks for the triple screening test, so the time will go by quickly. I want to enjoy the pregnancy more than I have lately, but sounds like it won't happen till we know the baby has no birth defects. We will know that after our visit on week 18 with the perinatologist.

No comments: